My research interests lie in the field of operations research, particularly the area of integer programming and its supply chain-related applications. During my Ph.D. studies and postdoctoral positions, I have worked on a variety of optimization related research projects that are applied to different supply chains. My current postdoctoral research is focused on food safety and quality in different food supply chains (e.g., pasteurized fluid milk and spinach). I also have worked on other optimization problems in the areas of disaster-relief, bi-level network optimization, cybersecurity, and the poultry supply chain for my previous research projects.
Accepted/under review papers
- F Enayaty-Ahangar, CE Rainwater, TC Sharkey. A Logic-based decomposition approach for multi-period network interdiction models. Omega, The International Journal of Management Science, 87, 71-85, 2019.
- F Enayaty-Ahangar, LA Albert, E DuBois. A survey of optimization models and methods for cyberinfrastructure security. IISE Transaction, 1-48, 2020.
- F Enayaty-Ahangar, SI Murphy, NH Martin, M Wiedmann, R Ivanek. Optimizing pasteurized fluid milk shelf-life through microbial spoilage reduction. Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems, 5, 140, 2021.
- F. Enayaty-Ahangar, A. Schmidt, and L. Albert. Optimal selection of depots to facilitate ridesharing during a disaster (2021). Proceedings of the 2020 IISE Annual Conference (In-press).
- F. Enayaty-Ahangar, B. Karimi, N. Enayaty Ahangar, and A. Sheikh Zadeh. An optimization approach for multi-floor facility layout design using flexible bays. Under review at the International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering.
- A. Sheikh-Zadeh, M.A. Scott, F. Enayaty-Ahangar. Rank then Optimize: Service Prioritization in Spare Part Systems. Under review at the International Journal of Production Research.
- F. Enayaty-Ahangar, S. Murphy, M. Wiedmann, R. Ivanek. Mathematical models to improve food produce quality and safety, and reduce food waste in China.
- A. Belias, S. Roof, Z. Wasserklauf, C. Bernett-Neefs, K. Johnson, S. Scinto-Madonich, F. Enayaty-Ahangar, S. Sunil, D.Weller, M.Wiedmann, and R. Ivanek. Population dynamics of Listeria, Salmonella, and Escherichia coli on produce: A scoping review.
- F. Enayaty Ahangar, S. Murphy, and R. Ivanek. Optimization models for spoilage reduction in the milk supply chain, Cornell Dairy Center of Excellence Spring Seminar Series 2020, Ithaca, NY, February 2020.
- F. Enayaty Ahangar, S. Murphy, and R. Ivanek. Optimization models for spoilage reduction in the milk supply chain (poster), Biomedical & Biological Sciences (BBS) Ph.D. Recruitment Event Poster Session at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, February 2020.
- F. Enayaty Ahangar, S. Murphy, M. Wiedmann, and R. Ivanek. Optimization models for spoilage reduction in the milk supply chain, 2019 Doctoral Consortium on Computational Sustainability, Pittsburgh, PA, October 2019.
- F. Enayaty Ahangar, L. Albert. A covering model for locating ride-sharing depots for hurricane evacuation. INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, November 2018.
- F. Enayaty Ahangar, C. Rainwater, K. Sullivan. Modeling clustered content interdiction in cybersecurity settings. IISE Annual Conference (ISERC), Orlando, FL. May 2018.
- F. Enayaty Ahangar, C. Rainwater, K. Sullivan. Interdiction learning-based approaches to combat security threats on information systems. INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, November 2016.
- F. Enayaty Ahangar, C. Rainwater, and T. Sharkey. A decomposition approach for dynamic network interdiction models. IIE Annual Conference (ISERC), Anaheim, CA, May 2016; INFORMS Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, November 2015; IIE Annual Conference (ISERC), Nashville, TN, June 2015.
- C. Rainwater, T. Sharkey, and F. Enayaty Ahangar. Hybrid optimization approaches for dynamic network interdiction models. INFORMS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 2014.
- C. Rainwater, F. Enayaty Ahangar, and T. Sharkey. A constraint programming approach to bilevel network interdiction problems. IIE Annual Conference (ISERC), Montreal, Canada, June 2014.